Professional Summary (Key Projects)
Bloomington Public Schools – Firstclass to Gmail
- Project Manager in the transition of 2,000 staff from Firstclass to Gmail.
- Worked as a part of a team to consider technical, professional development, communications and ease of transition aspects.
Bloomington Public Schools – Chromebook 1:1 Implementation
- Worked as a part of a team to get Chromebook devices ready for students.
- Researched and helped technical and organizational tasks regarding enrolling and prepping Chromebooks for roll out day.
Bloomington Public Schools – Ongoing development of the Hub (Drupal)
- Helped transition the parent/student/teacher portal to Drupal.
- Works closely the Drupal Developers to maintain and enhance the BPS Hub.
Bloomington Public Schools – Web site transition to Drupal/Hub
- Worked as part of team to transition the BPS web site from a proprietary web site service to Drupal.
- Led communication between BPS and our Drupal Developers to make the web site transition and Hub implementation go smoothly.
- Continue to be the main lead when communicating with Drupal developers on maintenance and enhancements of the web site and Hub.
Osseo Area Schools – Start up of Google Apps for Education
- Had the vision to register and investigate Google Apps for Education in 2007 for the district.
Database & Web Integration Specialist
ISD 271, Bloomington Public Schools, June 2010-Present
- Works as a bridge between the Technology Department and Academic Services to implement and integrate online learning tools into the K-12 Classroom.
- Primary responsibilities include: Google Apps for Education admin, Moodle admin, Drupal admin and other online web tools.
Web Consultant & Moodle Admin
IT4Educators, November 2009-Present
- Responsible for maintaining and supporting the IT4Educators Moodle site. Other duties include consulting on IT4Educators web presence.
TICT Tech Support
ISD 279, Osseo Area Schools, September 2007-2010
- Tech support for the TICT Initiative program. Primary responsibilities included technology support for equipment and troubleshooting technology issues. Main administrator of Moodle, Google Apps, WPMU. As the program’s focus evolved responsibilities of supporting and exploring software and integration solutions were added.
University of Minnesota
Master of Education Professional Studies in Learning Technologies, 2012-present
- Multimedia design and development
Wayne State College – Wayne, NE
BA of Computer Information Systems, 2007
- Concentrations in E-Commerce and Web Analyst
- Chromebooks (ChromeOS)
- Google Apps for Education
- GAFE Console
- Project Management.
- Strong commitment to working on a team.
- Provide creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to work on or lead teams.
- Ability to work between Technology and Academic Services.
- Adaptable and willingness to all new learning.
- Thorough and precise.
- Able to work with multiple dimensions in a project (Technology, Curriculum, Developers, Project managers).
- Able to see the big picture while staying detail-oriented.
- Displays patience and the desire to help users understand solutions.